Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2020

Knicks' Marcus Morris apologizes again for 'unprofessional' remarks - New York Post

Marcus Morris reiterated his remorse Friday for sexist comments that earned him a public rebuke from the Knicks and a $35,000 fine from the NBA.

Morris didn’t take any questions from the media — saying “I really don’t have a choice” — but the veteran forward apologized again for saying Memphis’ Jae Crowder is “woman-like” and has “female tendencies” following a fight at the end of the Knicks’ loss Wednesday night to the Grizzlies at the Garden.

“First, to start off, just apologizing deeply. My comments were unnecessary. I wasn’t even thinking when I was talking,” Morris said. “We have women referees, women coaches. I’m a big, huge supporter of the WNBA. I have relationships with a few female players in the WNBA. If I offended any of them, I deeply, deeply apologize.”

After the NBA fined Morris and suspended point guard Elfrid Payton for Saturday’s game in Indiana for shoving Crowder to the floor in the fracas, the Knicks said in a statement that Morris’ words were “offensive and unacceptable” and “cannot be tolerated.” Liz Cambage of the Las Vegas Aces tweeted at Morris that “FEMALE TENDENCIES WINS GAMES THOUGH.”

“I’ve had time to sit and reflect on my words,” Morris continued. “It was just unprofessional of me, man, to refer to any of that, in terms of downgrade or even feel as though I can mention a woman’s name, or anything about women referring to the game of basketball that they put their heart into, and coaching, and just life in general, man, I’m deeply sorry and I deeply apologize.”

For more on the Knicks, listen to the latest episode of the “Big Apple Buckets” podcast:

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Sports - Latest - Google News
January 31, 2020 at 12:44PM
https://ift.tt/2GF2xeT

Knicks' Marcus Morris apologizes again for 'unprofessional' remarks - New York Post
Sports - Latest - Google News
https://ift.tt/2Mbsnt7
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment